What would it look like if happiness at work became as much a regular part of our healthy routine as working out?
At Happy Melly we decided to find out! And we invite you to take on our newest experiment!
Each week we’ll feature a new ‘Happiness Challenge’ focusing on innovative ideas and creative ways in which to implement happiness into our daily lives and our offices. Each week will feature:
- a blogpost from a thought leader (sent to members on Thursday, published following Monday)
- a podcast interviewing an influencer in the area
- an experiment or employee engagement exercise to help spread happiness at work
- tweeting relevant and topical content
- a channel each week on the exclusive Happy Melly Slack community dedicated to the topic at hand. Here you’ll share your own experiences with the topic, as well as thought-provoking insights and articles.
How can you get involved?
- Start by joining Happy Melly! (if you’re not already, it’s only costs a couple cups of coffee a year!)
- Join the discussion on Slack
- Propose an idea for a weekly challenge (any Happy Melly member can spearhead a week!)
- Write a blog about your experience participating in the challenge or sharing your experiences on the topic
- Encourage friends to join the discussion on social media
- Participate in our public online chats where we look back on each week, share our experiments and lessons learned
Weekly Happiness Challenge Schedule 2017
Jan. 23-30, 2017: TRANSITIONAL STARTUP BRANDING led by career-changing consultancy We Love Mondays
In February we will continue counting down the 12 ways to happiness with wellness weeks, focused on Eating Well, Exercising, Getting Rest and Helping Others.
In March, Learning 3.0 will be leading us through a month of changing the way we learn and facilitate learning.
In April, Management 3.0 facilitators will be leading us through challenges to improve employee engagement.
Join Happy Melly today to join the exclusive weekly challenges filled with community support and feedback!
Our 2016 Weekly Challenge Schedule
Each Happiness Challenge week will begin Thursday afternoon and run until the following Thursday. Each week is spearheaded by one or more Happy Melly members who will lead discussions and experiments around the theme.
Sept. 1-8, 2016: PURPOSE, led by Jurgen Appelo, founder of Management 3.0
Read the review of the week, including blog, podcast and video wrap-up here!
Sept. 8-15, 2016: BETTER COMMUNICATION, led by Sam Mednick & Jennifer Riggins, Happy Melly Team
You can still sign the Social Media Positivity Pledge! Read the review of the week, including blog, podcast and video wrap-up here!
Sept. 15-22, 2016: HAPPINESS AT WORK FROM ANYWHERE, led by Lisette Sutherland, founder of Collaboration Superpowers
Read four main reasons people choose remote work, listen to Sam interview Lisette in our podcast and learn how member Christian organizes a 100 percent remote software team.
Nov. 28-Dec. 5, 2016: THE ART OF GIVING, PART II, led by Patrick Verdonk, Sam Mednick & Jennifer Riggins, from the Happy Melly team
Read how random acts of kindness reflect company values. And sign up for our bimonthly newsletter and receive the ebook of Giving composed of stories of generosity shared by the Happy Melly community.
Dec. 19, 2016: Our Month of Giving & Trust’s Wrap-up Chat followed by our Members Only Holiday Party! We’re going to dress festively, play trust games and reflect on a great year of Happy Melly membership! AND DANCE!