What would it look like if happiness at work became as much a regular part of our healthy routine as working out?
Each month we’ll follow a theme, and each week we’ll dive into an underlying topic with a new ‘Happiness Challenge’ focusing on innovative ideas and creative ways in which to implement happiness into our daily lives and our offices. Each themed month will feature:
- one blogpost a week from a thought leader published on Monday
- a podcast interviewing an influencer in the area
- one or more experiments or employee engagement exercises a week to help spread happiness at work
- tweeting relevant and topical content and sharing on our Facebook
- a channel each week on the exclusive Happy Melly Slack community dedicated to the topic at hand. Here you’ll share your own experiences with the topic, as well as thought-provoking insights and articles.
- at the end of each themed month, we will release a workbook to members so they can always follow through on the challenges, take notes, and record their learnings
How can you get involved?
- Start by joining Happy Melly! (if you’re not already, it’s only costs a couple cups of coffee a year!)
- Join the discussion on Slack
- Propose an idea for a weekly challenge (any Happy Melly member can spearhead a week!)
- Write a blog about your experience participating in the challenge or sharing your experiences on the topic
- Encourage friends to join the discussion on social media
Weekly Happiness Challenge Schedule 2017
Jan. 16-23, 2017: BUILDING YOUR STARTUP’S FUTURE by Happy Melly funder and founder of Workshop Butler Sergey Kotlov
Listen to Sergey’s company journey and then read his five lessons learned from a startup accelerator.
Jan. 23-30, 2017: TRANSITIONAL STARTUP BRANDING led by career-changing consultancy We Love Mondays
Learn some ways you can go from your individual branding to your whole startup branding
In February we will continue counting down the 12 ways to happiness with wellness weeks, focused on Eating Well, Exercising, Getting Rest and Helping Others.
In March, Learning 3.0 will be leading us through a month of changing the way we learn and facilitate learning.
March 6-12, 2017: FIND YOUR OWN ‘SPOTIFY MODEL’ by Learning 3.0 founder Alexandre Magno
Don’t copy the Spotify model. Do copy the Spotify attitude.
March 13-19, 2017: STARTING A COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE by Learning 3.0 facilitator João Reis
Starting a community of practices using the learning canvas at Vivareal
In April, Management 3.0 facilitators will be leading us through challenges to improve employee engagement.
In May, our challenge weeks will focus on Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness
In June, we will focus on entrepreneurial bootstrapping.
In July, we’ll take you through a month of practical How-to’s.
Join Happy Melly today to join in these exclusive weekly challenges filled with community experimentation, feedback and support!
Our 2016 Weekly Challenge Schedule
Each Happiness Challenge week will begin Thursday afternoon and run until the following Thursday. Each week is spearheaded by one or more Happy Melly members who will lead discussions and experiments around the theme.
Sept. 1-8, 2016: PURPOSE, led by Jurgen Appelo, founder of Management 3.0
Read the review of the week, including blog, podcast and video wrap-up here!
Sept. 8-15, 2016: BETTER COMMUNICATION, led by Sam Mednick & Jennifer Riggins, Happy Melly Team
You can still sign the Social Media Positivity Pledge! Read the review of the week, including blog, podcast and video wrap-up here!
Sept. 15-22, 2016: HAPPINESS AT WORK FROM ANYWHERE, led by Lisette Sutherland, founder of Collaboration Superpowers
Read four main reasons people choose remote work, listen to Sam interview Lisette in our podcast and learn how member Christian organizes a 100 percent remote software team.
Nov. 28-Dec. 5, 2016: THE ART OF GIVING, PART II, led by Patrick Verdonk, Sam Mednick & Jennifer Riggins, from the Happy Melly team
Read how random acts of kindness reflect company values. And sign up for our bimonthly newsletter and receive the ebook of Giving composed of stories of generosity shared by the Happy Melly community.
Dec. 19, 2016: Our Month of Giving & Trust’s Wrap-up Chat followed by our Members Only Holiday Party! We’re going to dress festively, play trust games and reflect on a great year of Happy Melly membership! AND DANCE!